We take appropriate measures to protect against unlawful processing of your personal data, including encrypting your information to applicable industry standards.
Information we may hold about you
When you register to use our Website or App, purchase a product, register to receive our emails, personal data you provide, such as your name, date of birth, contact details (including social media accounts), telephone number, transaction history, log in and payment information, will be collected. Other information which might be collected from third party advertisers can include your location, language, assumed gender, IP address, when you visited our Website or App.
How we may use your personal data
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- to fulfil your order - we require your identification, contact and payment information to enter into a contract with you and are unable to do so without this information. Please note that your details may need to be passed to another company within the Group and/or a third party, such as one of our couriers or one of their customs clearance agents, in order for them to supply or deliver the product that you ordered and we need this information in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc and to meet any legal obligations for the retention of transactional data.
- to register you on the Website or App (where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address or change in your marketing preferences);
- to measure and analyse our advertising;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you, other users of our Website and App about products or services that may interest you or them;
- to keep in touch with you regarding your marketing preferences;
- to process payments, and detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and/or any other criminal activity (we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions); and
We process this data where it is necessary to perform our contract, to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, where required by law or in pursuit of our legitimate interests where these are not overridden by your rights and interests, such as to provide appropriate marketing and to maintain our services.
How long we keep your information
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose(s) for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will only share your personal data with third parties where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We may also disclose your personal data where we are subject to a legal obligation to do so, in connection with the prevention or detection of crime, for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or where we consider that we receive a valid request for disclosure. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our Website and App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties or utilise a piece of software or a service which requires your personal information be shared with a third party. Please note that if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.